Overcoming Obesity 2023 - Selecting a Nutrition Plan: A Case-Based Discussion (Recorded)
Individual patient response to nutritional therapies varies widely. This collaborative, case-based session with an obesity medicine specialist and registered dietitian will explore various nutritional interventions and associated challenges for patients with overweight or obesity BMI’s. Cases will include examples of reduced carbohydrate, nutrient-focused, and intermittent fasting patterns of eating. In addition, they will address some nutritional concerns for patients on high potency anti-obesity medications. By working through case studies, participants will develop a better ability to address dietary issues associated with specific dietary plans.
CME/CE Expiration Date: 10/27/26
*The expiration date listed above is the last day CME/CE credit can be claimed for this specific presentation.
- Distinguish between different nutritional interventions
- Apply a patient-centered approach to developing a dietary plan
- Identify patient challenges to new eating patterns
- Develop strategies to help patients maintain dietary changes
Nicholas Pennings, DO, FOMA, FACOFP
Karen Gleason, MBA, RDN, LDN
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Obesity Medicine Association designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the commensurate amount with the extent of their participation in the activity.