Treating Diabetes by Targeting Obesity (Live Webinar)
Obesity is one of the leading causes of the development of type 2 diabetes mellitus. This presentation will explore the relationship with a focus on epidemiology, disease burden, and metabolic abnormalities. The session will explore ways to manage these two coexisting conditions through clinical case scenarios. By the end of this session, the learners should be able to formulate an effective therapeutic plan for a patient with obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
CME/CE Expiration Date: 12/13/23
*The expiration date listed above is the last day CME/CE credit can be claimed for this specific LIVE presentation.
- Describe the working definitions of obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Illustrate the current epidemiology of obesity and diabetes mellitus.
- Describe the relationship between obesity and metabolic dysfunction, including the development of type 2 diabetes mellitus .
- Utilize case-based scenarios to develop a treatment plan that addresses both obesity and diabetes.
Sadaf Mustafa, MD, FACP, DABOM, CCHP
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Obesity Medicine Association designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the commensurate amount with the extent of their participation in the activity.