Understanding the Chronic Disease of Obesity (November 17-18)
Understanding the Chronic Disease of Obesity part of Fundamentals of Obesity Treatment 2023 - Live Virtual (November 17-18, 2023)
CME/CE Expiration Date: 12/18/23
*The expiration date listed above is the last day CME/CE credit can be claimed for this specific LIVE presentation.
- Recognize why obesity is a disease
- Understand the different definitions of obesity
- Learn the basic regulators of hunger and satiety
- Identify adiposity-related diseases
- Facilitate appropriate discussion of obesity with patients
- Recognize the essential history and physical exam components of an obesity evaluation
- Learn the essential diagnostic tests used in evaluation the patient with obesity
Nicholas Pennings, DO, FOMA
Shagun Bindlish, MD, FACP
Sandra Christensen, MSN, ARNP, FNP-BC, FOMA
Tiffany Lowe-Clayton, DO, DABOM, MHPE
The Obesity Medicine Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Obesity Medicine Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 0.50 ABIM MOCSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 0.50 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™The Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Obesity Medicine Association designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the commensurate amount with the extent of their participation in the activity.